Group details will also be availble details here.
Cost per rider £100
Start times from Caernarfon 4am to 6am!
Cut offs - there are 2 VERY generous cut offs
You need to have left "100 house" by 5.30pm
You need to have left "Llanellen" by 10.00pm
Our calculations suggest that the very slowest of riders would need to set off soon after 4.00am from Caenarfon and to spend no longer than 20mins at each feed station to meet these times.
Park and Ride
We are offering a transfer service for this event.
- Chepstow to Caernarfon (5hr journey) - Leaving St Johns on the Hill School Chepstow 1pm Friday 21th July £45
- Crewe (2hr journey) - Leaving Crewe Alexandra FC private car park, Gresty Road Crewe 5pm Friday 21st July £25
- Chepstow to Crewe Alexandra FC private car park, Gresty Road Crewe (3 hour journey) - Leaving Chepstow 9am Sunday 23rd July £45
START TIME :: 04.00 to 06.00 Saturday morning
LOCATION :: inside Caernarfon Castle, access via Eagle Basement, Castle Hill
PARKING :: At Caernarfon parking will be available from 3.00am at the Caernarfon Harbour Trust Car Park, Slate Quay. Parking is at a reduced rate of £3 per vehicle. Please use the car park so as not to block the roads around the Castle or get caught on parking cameras (you have been warned).
At Chepstow limited parking is available at the finish at St Johns on the Hill School.
FINISH: The finish will be at St Johns on the Hill School, Castleford Hill, Tutshill, Chepstow, NP16 7LE.
All riders must bring photo id to registration - e.g. works pass, driving licence, passport. It has to be
readily recognisable as you, not just by your Mum.
No photo id = no ride. No exceptions.
If you are not on the group entry list and you think you should be please contact your group organiser.
- Fully Signed Route
- 5 Feed Stations along the route - sweet and savoury snacks available and access to water to re-fill water bottles. Variety of food available at each of the five feed stations and these will include fresh baguettes, selection of cakes, soup and fruit
- GPX route files
- Electronic timing chip
- First Aid cover throughout the ride
- Showers at Chepstow
- Personal kit bag transfer from Caenarfon to Chepstow
The personal kit bag should weigh no more than 10Kg when placed on our pre-loading scales and be labelled with your name and ride number. For those camping we can transfer your tent too, so long as it's not of marquee proportions! Sorry but no liquids in the bags - they just make a mess of your kit. Unless you're making own arrangements please hand your kit bag over to our Kit Van Marshals based at registration before heading to the Start. Your kit bag will be at St Johns on the Hill School, Chepstow awaiting your arrival.
We will have a bike mechanic on hand between 17.00 and 22.00 on Friday night at the Rugby Cub and between 03.30 and 06.00 on Saturday morning at the Beics Menai Bike Shop on Slate Quay (next to the car park and Castle).
There will also be a bike mechanic at each feed station.
Friday - 5pm -10pm at Caernarfon Rugby Club, Park Lodge, The Park, Caernarfon, LL55 2YF
Saturday - 4am - 5am at Caernarfon Castle - Eagle Basement, Castle Hill, Caernarfon, LL55 2AY
Please try and register on Friday so your start is not delayed on Saturday morning.
Camping will be available at both Caernarfon and Chepstow £10.
Overnight locked bike storage at Caernarfon and Chepstow is for riders who have booked camping. If you are not camping we cannot look after your bike you will need to take it with you to your accommodation.
Caernarfon - the camping will be at the Rugby Club and is tent camping.
Chepstow - the camping will be at St Johns on the Hill School and will be inside the school hall (no tent camping).
26" wheel (MTB's) or hybrid cycles are not allowed on this event. If you think you should be exempt please feel free to contact us.
We would encourage you to wear whatever you feel most comfortable in, giving regard to the fact you will be travelling through a whole country and the very changeable nature of the weather in Wales. There are a few things we have to insist upon:
- Waterproof jacket.
- Repair kit including spare inner tubes, pump, multi tool & tyre levers.
- Front light - this needs to be suitable to light up your route on unlit roads at night.
- Rear light (should be switched on at arrival of start)
- Maintained bike in good working order.
- We suggest you bring some change with you on the ride, just in case. You might decide on an impromptu café stop or an emergency inner tube purchase.
LIGHTS – front and rear lights must be suitable for the event with back up batteries – you will be starting in the dark and possibly finishing in the dark.
We are providing back-up facilities and we must insist that your supporters, friends and family do not bring any vehicles out on the route to follow as this will create unnecessary congestion and will be a danger to cyclists and other road users. We are keen to encourage support at the start and finish.
If you wish your supporters to see you on route please see this page
Only riders on the event will be allowed to enter feed stations.