Entries for 2019 event are now closed.
Open Adventure Internet Privacy Statement
Introduction: Protecting your privacy is important to us, we base this statement on how we as competitors would appreciate our information being stored on an event website. We hope the following statement will help you understand how Open Adventure collates, uses and safeguards the personal information you provide to us on our website.
What information is being collected online:
- When competitors browse our website we record where they have been using "cookies" these help us understand which parts of the site work best and where people arrive and depart from. This information does not identify who you are.
- To enter a race or to buy anything from us competitors are required to register with us. We store your address and contact details, and also emergency contact details in case something nasty happens during an event. Your profile will also contain details of the events in which you have competed and your results from those events.
- Competitors are also required to enter medical details in to their profile. We store this information for 15 months after your last event with us, unless you are involved with an incident in which case these details are stored for 5 years.
- Credit Card details for payment are only taken by our internet payment provider Protx - we do not see these details. You can see a copy of Sagepay's security policy here www.sagepay.com/security_policy
How we use or share the information we collect:
- We NEVER pass any contact details of our competitors to sponsors, third parties or friends.
- We do show our website statistics and statistics from our events to sponsors to show what we do.
- We also maintain a copy of the database at events for emergencies.
- We review statistics on our newsletter so we can make it more useful for readers and sponsors.
- We use the contact address to send out a Christmas Card to competitors from the previous year.
Choices available to racers regarding the marketing uses of the collected information:
- If you wish to unsubscribe to the newsletter you can do so at anytime on our website here www.openadventure.com This form will send a confirmation to you that you have unsubscribed.
- If you wish for us at anytime to delete your contact details from your profile please contact us and we will more than happily oblige within 7 working days.
How do we protect the information online?
- All credit card processing is completed by Sagepay on their encrypted webpages.
- Competitor details are stored on secure databases.
- You can contact us using the form on the website here www.openadventure.com
- You can write to us here - Open Adventure, Clock Tower Works, Low Wood, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 8LY
- You can call either James or Lisa Thurlow on 015395 31048